Saturday 24 November 2012

Mini haul

The new three storey Topshop opened on Briggate in Leeds weeks ago.. and i went for the first time on Wednesday  I dont seem to go into Leeds that often, i usually shop with my mum so we just go to Harrogate and Briggate on a Saturday is my idea of hell.

I went with my friends Lizzie and Raj (check out their blogs!!!!) to mainly have a Nandos and get some piercings, I got a hoop through my cartilage on my left ear along with my second lobe piercings on both ears, but we just had to look inside the new store.

Even though i have a job and get around 35 pounds a week- it seems to disappear on tiny things and with Christmas coming up i have presents to buy so i tried to not buy a lot.

Saying that i came out with three items, a burgundy red velvet skater skirt, a patterned snood and a nail varnish.
Thought i'd include the bag because i love the geo-style print!

This cost £18 which is a bit pricey for me but compared to the other snoods and scarves in the shop which were £25-£30 it wasn't too bad! i love the print on this and because of the mixture of colours, it really goes with everything. I can also say this is ridiculously cosy and warm..

At £6, this is my first ever Topshop nail polish, i usually go for models own or Barry M. The make-up stand at the new shop was huuuuuuuge and amazing!! Named 'Lead', i love how it has purple and green sheens in the light, i have nothing like this in my collection so i decided to buy it, steering well clear of the lilacs (my favourite nail colour).

Velvet clothing is something people either love or hate, when i saw this skirt its safe to say i LOVE it. I would never pay £28 for a skater skirt, but i really like the deep red colour and velvet texture of this so there was no doubt that i wouldn't be buying it. Its very versatile too, easily dressed up or down so i think i got my moneys worth!

2 comments:

  1. i have a skirt really like that from American apparel but i have NEVER worn it!! :( i find it so hard to match with anything... thinking of dyeing it black but i really love the colour so idk! what are you thinking of wearing with yours?
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted one for ages! hmm, i've dyed items before and they usually seem to not work or be patchy! If it was American Apparel it is probably more expensive than mine so i wouldnt risk it but i LOVE the black ones too..
      With mine i thought a black cropped bralette top, tights and wedges if i was dressing it up but i would also wear it with any black shirt or something similar? gold and black baroque tights would look so so good:)most things black are easy and look slightly gothic
      xxx

      Delete