Tuesday 16 October 2012

My favourite models own

Models own would have to be my favourite nail varnish brand, especially when it comes to paler colours. I have a lot of Barry m but I'm very inpatient and putting on layer after layer just doesn't appeal to me, which I think you have to do more with Barry m products
.  
My favourite all time models own have to be 'lilac dream' which is a pale yet bright purple shade and 'Ibiza mix', a clear nail varnish with different sized glitter of different colours. 

What I would say about 'Ibiza mix' is that it's very hard not to get carried away and apply coat after coat in an effort to get each nail looking the same, but that will never happen, it's hard to get the same amount of glitter on each nail (and if you're a bit OCD like me, it's frustrating!). It is also extremely hard to take off which doesn't put me off too much as I think it's definitely worth it. This polish also looks a lot better on lighter colours underneath, like pale pinks, purples, blues and nudes. 

At 5 for each nail varnish, I think models own is good value for money. They also offer two polishes and a nail art pen for £10 and boots often do 3 for 2 on beauty products. 

 Here's a picture of my horrendously short nails wearing lilac dream and Ibiza mix- excuse the quality, iPad cameras aren't great at focusing!
 

This is models own in 'lilac dream' and 'ibiza mix' £5 from most boots stores

No comments:

Post a Comment